Caregivers in Gretna NE
Making the decision to be a caregiver for your elderly parent is a life-changing choice. You are committing to giving of your time, energy, effort, and resources to make sure that your aging parent can live the happiest, healthiest, and most comfortable lifestyle possible as they age in place. While this can be a wonderful way for you to show your love for your parent and to give of yourself, it can also be a stressful experience. Depending on the types of challenges and limitations that your parent is dealing with, your care efforts can be truly overwhelming. Using affirmations can help you to feel calmer and more in control, relieving your stress and enabling you to feel better about your role.
Try these affirmations to help you through challenging days in your caregiver journey:
• I am in control. The feeling that you are not in control is extremely common in caregiving, and can leave you feeling nervous and overwhelmed. Remind yourself that you are in control and that you can overcome the challenges that you are facing
• I chose this. Sometimes it can feel as though the world is pressing in around you and that you are being controlled by your current role. Remind yourself that you chose this role. This will empower you to make the decisions that you need to make, and bring back the emotional reminders of why you decided to be in that role
• I can handle this. It is easy to feel as though you cannot take on the challenges that are in front of you when you are caring for your parent. You may feel as though you are not capable of taking on these challenges or that you just do not have the skills to do these things when they arise. When this happens, remind yourself that you really are capable of handling what is ahead of you. Remind yourself that you are strong and capable, and that you are going to get through it
• There is a light at the end of the tunnel. When you feel like there is too much on your plate or that the list of things that you have to do is just too long, remind yourself that there is more to your life than just these efforts. No matter how difficult the issues that you are facing are, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You will get through these challenges and be able to move forward
• I love my parent. This may seem like an affirmation that you should not have to make, but when you are facing the most serious demands of your care journey, you may find that sometimes you need to remind yourself of the reason that you are doing these tasks in the first place.
If you are feeling overwhelmed by your caregiver tasks, it may be time for you to consider adding home care to your efforts. Hiring an in-home senior care services provider is not about trying to do less for your parent or getting out of any of your responsibilities. Instead, it is an extension of the care that you give your parent. It is a way for you to ensure that your aging loved one gets all of the support, assistance, and encouragement that they need without putting you under extensive stress or overwhelming your schedule.
If you or an aging loved one are considering caregivers in Gretna, NE, please contact the caring staff at Seniors Helping Seniors of Greater Omaha at (402)-215-0308 today.